Tuesday 28 January 2014

Akhenaton Returns!

We had our second game the other day: servants of Ra against Zulus (Black Tree). The scenario was king of the hill and the 'hill' was a set of ruins in the southern Soudan.  Akhenaton is convinced the ruins contain another part of his regalia, the Zulus are protecting something, but what?

This time we used all the rules for talents and mystical abilities and that meant the game went relatively slowly again, but we got quicker as we went along.  Now that we understand the abilities better, it will be quicker next time.  Most importantly, we had a great deal of fun and I hope that the story below captures the spirit of the game.


6 comments:

  1. Brilliant way to show a battle report and a super souvenir. Will bring back many memories in the future. Will try this myself as much more fun than dry text and a few photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Radrek. I think I enjoyed writing the comic just as much as playing the game. I always have thought of miniatures gaming as a kind of 'cooperative storytelling' and writing the comics was simplicity itself...I just had to follow the story of the game.

      Delete
    2. Way back in the day my wargaming friend and I wrote up battle reports from our fantasy campaign a newspaper format. We added various articles of news and gossip from the kingdoms and had a huge amount of fun with it. Looking forward to reading more of your stories.

      Delete
  2. Truly splendid report! Excellent figures also, I love your ornithopters :)
    Cheers,
    Craig

    PS: you made the front page of the IHMN blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do me great honour Sir! To think, my humble scratchings are on the front page. Mother would be so proud.

      Delete
  3. Love both of these. Great tales being created and can't wait to hear what happens next...oh, and not wanting to try the personal helicopters...ouch! ;-)

    ReplyDelete